Jeremy Lalrinnunga is an Indian weightlifter from Aizawl, Mizoram. He won the gold medal in the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in the Boys’ 62 kg category. He became the fifth Indian weightlifter to bag a medal in Birmingham.
|Name||Jeremy Lalrinnunga Ralta.|
|NickName||Jalebi and German.|
|Born on||26th October 2002.|
|Birth Place||Aizawl, Mizoram.|
|Age||19 years old ( As on 2022).|
|Height||5 Feet 5 inches/ 165.09 Cm.|
|Weight||60kg / 132.28 Lbs.|
|Coach||Vijay Sharma, |
|Father Name||Lalmaithuava Ralte.|
|Mother Name||Lalmuanpuii Ralte.|
|Siblings||Jerry Ralte, Joseph Ralte and James|
|Famous For||Winning Gold Medal in the 2018.|
|Sports person||Cristiano Ronaldo.|
|Restaurant||Sanpiau Restaurant in Aizawl.|
|Song||Perfect (2017) by Ed Sheeran.|
|Food||Potato and Dal.|
|Weightlifting||International Debut – 2016.|
|Tattoos||● On his left bicep- Olympic rings|
● On his left forearm – Weightlifter’s picture.
|Relationship||He is in a relationship according to his Facebook account.|
|Awards||● 2021: Gosport’s Foundation Annual Sports Award.|
|Medals||● 2016: Silver ( IWF Youth World Championship Gold Coast)|
● 2017: Gold (Commonwealth Junior Championship Gold Coast)
● 2017: Gold (Commonwealth Youth Championships Gold Coast)
● 2018: Gold (Youth Olympics Buenos Aires)
● 2022: Commonwealth Games, Birmingham.
|Social Media Account Name||Facebook – jeremyweightlifter |
Instagram Account – jeremy_lalrinnunga
Twitter – @raltejeremy
YouTube Channel – Jeremy Lalrinnunga
|Net Worth||$ 5 million ( INR 39.47 Cr).|
|Last Updated||August 2022.|
Lalrinnunga started boxing and took up Weightlifting. Jeremy was part of the Army’s Boys Sports Company where he bagged several medals before taking part in an international event. He also won the National Championship in Kolkata in 2020.
Training at Army Sports Institute
Eight months into the training Jeremy was already among three boys that were selected for further training at the Army Sports Institute of Pune. A 9- year-old would have to move away from his home for extended periods.
In 2016, he managed to set his first national record after he clinched the gold medal at the sub-junior nationals in Patna.
He continued his winning streak of form in 2018 as well after he bagged the silver medal in the youth category at the Asian Youth and Junior Championship, Uzbekistan. He also won a gold at the Khelo School Games in 2018.
2018 Youth Olympics
He was selected for the Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He indeed kept his promise when he put up a combined effort of 274 kg to etch a historic gold at the competition.
Career & Lifestyle
The Weight Lifting Athlete is from Mizoram he participated in So many State Level and Inter State Games & has started his Weightlifting Sports Career at a very Youngest Age. He is Just 19 years old as of 2022 and holds 2 Gold Medals in Weightlifting Games.
Some Interesting Facts About the rising Weight Lifting Athlete
- Lalrinnunga is a Weightlifting Athlete who hails from India.
- He was born and brought up in Aizawl, Mizoram.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga is an International level Weightlifter Athlete.
- He won 2 Gold Medals in Weightlifting Under 67 kg.
- He will be 19 years old in 2022.
- At the age of 6, he started his training as a boxer in his father’s boxing academy.
- At the age of 7, he used to visit a gym in his village where he observed a few boys doing Weightlifting. He started developing an interest in Weightlifting from there.
- When he was 9 years old, the Army Sports Institute, Pune, selected him in talent scouting, and Jeremy then continued his training in Weightlifting at ASI.
- He decided to take professional training in Weightlifting.
- In 2018, he participated in the Youth Olympic Games and won a gold medal, he became the first Indian to win a gold medal in the men’s 67 kg category in Youth Olympic Games.
Q. How old is Jeremy Lalrinnunga?
Ans:- As of 2022, he is 19 years old.
Q. How tall is Jeremy Lalrinnunga?
Ans:- He stands on 5 Feet 5 inches/ 165.09 Cm.