Sanket Sagar is an Indian Weightlifter who holds the national and Commonwealth record of 256 kg in the men’s 55 kg weight class. He has also won the silver medal at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham with a total lift of 248 kg.
|Full Name||Sanket Mahadev Sargar|
|Born||on 16th October 2000.|
|Birth Place||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.|
|Education||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|Father Name||Mahadev Sargar|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches/ 172.72 cm|
|Weight||55kg/ 121.25 Lbs|
|Weightlifting Coach||Nana Sinhasane (2013-2015) , |
Mayur Sinhasan (2017-2021) &
Vijay Sharma (2021-present)
|Sport||Sport – Weightlifting Event – 55kg|
|Medal Record||Men’s weightlifting Representing – India|
Commonwealth Games 2022 Birmingham – 55kg.
|Net Worth ( As on 2022)||$ 2 Million ( INR 15.87 Cr)|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Sanket Mahadev Sargar is from Sangli Maharashtra who has achieved so many milestones very early in his life. He graduated from Shivaji University Kolhapur. He achieved so many things and he looks forward to the Gold Medal For the nation.
Awards & Achievement
- IWF World Championship 2021.
- Commonwealth Senior Championship 2021.
- Commonwealth Games 2022 Birmingham.
Some Unknown Facts
- Sanket Mahadev Sargar is an Indian Weightlifter who holds the national and Commonwealth record of 256 kg in the men’s 55 kg weight class.
- He won the silver medal at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham with a total lift of 248 kg.
- Sanket Sargar belongs to a family with a humble background with tea seller parents.
- In 2017, he started training under coach Mayur Sinhasane, Nana Sinhasane’s son.
- Sanket ﬁrst dreamt about winning a Commonwealth Games medal when he saw Gururaja Poojary winning a silver medal in the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games on TV while managing the tea stall.
- At the national camp, he trained under Vijay Sharma and Olympic silver medalist Mirabai Chanu.
- In an interview, he revealed that he wanted to compete in the 61 kg category in the 2024 Olympics.
Q. How old is Sanket Mahadev Sargar?
Ans:- As of 2022, he is 22 years old.